Exhibiting at Split Gallery is simple: Just sign up and we’ll help you through the rest. Any artist who wants to show at Split Gallery is welcome.
How It Works
We operate kind of like an AirBNB. Artists pay a flat fee for reserving the gallery and any additional services they want. Split works with artists like partners in the process of planning and executing a show. Any artist is welcome to exhibit at Split. Fees vary depending on selected services.
What It Costs
The base fee for a one-week reservation (Tues – Sun) is $
(We are currently discounting our standard rate due to COVID. Shows booked through 12/31/2021 are just $500 even if the event date is in 2022.)
We’ll help you with planning and explain our approach versus the traditional gallery relationship and the advantages/disadvantages to each. If you’re not sure whether it’s worth it to pay for having an art show, we totally understand. It is a risk, but in our opinion, it’s an easy obstacle to overcome. Read our blog post on whether it makes sense to pay up front to have an art show.
What You Get
Exhibiting at Split Gallery is designed to be as easy and advantageous as possible for the Artists. Split helps with planning and scheduling, provides everything you need to put on a great show, and promotes the event online and via email to our lists and followers. We also help the artists learn how they can help promote the event as well. By combining our respective audiences, we’re able to reach more people than the artist or gallery alone can.
- Original hardwood floors
- 10’ Ceiling
- 8’ Gallery walls
- Gallery walls are sheetrock over 3/4” OSB
- Artwork hanging supplies and tools
- Two 40’ track lighting runs
- 24 adjustable track heads with 75-watt equivalent LED bulbs
- Movable wall can be repositioned based on your preferences
- High-speed Wifi
- Sonos speakers available over wifi via the Sonos app
- Two 6’x 2’ folding tables
- One 8’x 2.5’ wood table
- Sixteen stackable metal chairs
- Security cameras
- Coffee Maker + Filters
- Utility sink
- Basic kitchen utensils
- Event planning guidance
- Event listing on the Split Gallery website
- Email newsletter marketing
- Listing in local online event calendars
- Online promotion via Facebook, Instagram, Google, and Twitter
- Marketing and promotion guidance
- Linking to Artist websites and social media accounts
- Email list signup sheet
- Post-event photo gallery
The following services are available for an additional fee. We do it this way so that the artists/organizers are in full control of how much they spend on their event. For most of these services, we just charge an hourly fee and work with you in advance on figuring out what you’d like and need to accomplish your goals.
- Hanging work
- Staffing the gallery during your show
- Sales Management
- Online sales
- Video Studio Visit
- Paid promotions on Facebook and Instagram
Ready to Learn More?
Fill our our Inquiry Form